Events With, About, In Proximity To, And/Or Celebrating Calgary Beer
Explore some of the best events from around the city from our partners and friends.
Brew Ed - July/Aug Session - 4 Classes
THE BREWER'S APPRENTICE PRESENTS BREW ED (4 class session)
Date(s): July 23, 20 & August 6, 13
Time: 6:30 - 9:30 p.m.
Location: The Brewer's Apprentice (448 - 8th Ave. S.E. - Located at the back of the N3 apartment bldg. Behind Tim Horton's.)
Class size: Max. 10 participants
This course is presented by The Brewer's Apprentice and instructed by Alberta Beer Festival's head judge, David Nuttall.
Each class will cover a different topic, such as history of beer styles, how beer is made and beer's many ingredients.
We will study beer's characteristics and components, what makes a good beer and even learn how to judge a beer. You'll learn about beer packaging, glassware and home brewing. Lastly, we will look at some food and beer pairings and talk about cooking with beer.
Approximately a dozen 100ml beers will be sampled each class, so you'll see and taste the difference between the different beer styles. The final class will be a .u201cfield trip.u201d to one of Calgary's breweries, where the .u201cstudents.u201d can see how beer is made first hand. Note: there will be NO final exam!
In addition to learning about the world's most popular beverage in an educational, yet fun .u201cclassroom.u201d, you will:
Receive your own tasting class
Be eligible to win some beer swag
Try some surprise beers
Get a free Brewer's Apprentice growler and 10% off your first fill
View the complete course outline
So register for Calgary's most comprehensive beer learning experience today, before all the spots fill up! If demand dictates, another session each month will be added. If registration is full, please place yourself on the waiting list here and you will be notified, should there be another class.
You must be 18 years or older to register for Brew Ed
Brew Ed is not affiliated with the Cicerone Certification Program or the Beer Judge Certification Program
Private groups of five or more people can be arranged. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Registrations can be purchased as a gift. Inquire at email@example.com.
Tuesday, July 23, 2019
18:30 to 21:30
- The Indie YYC Presents: The New Beat
- Brewery Tour and Tasting with the Brewmaster
- Fionn's Village Brewery Sampling Event
- Cheese and Beer - Springbank Cheese & New Level Br
- Tool Shed Brewery Tour & Tasting
- Brewery Tour and Tasting
- CTYW Barley Belt Walk
- Brew Ed - July/Aug Session - 4 Classes
- 40th Annual Calgary Folk Music Festival
- Cat's Dirty 30: Trailer Park Tragedy
- LHL YYC Alumni Presents: Inglewood Brewery Tour
- Czech Out Germany Brewery Tour
- Yoga On Draught
- DandyFest Beerfest-SESSION 2
- DandyFest- Beerfest SESSION 1
- Cochrane Fair 2019
- HoneyFest 2019
- CROWN COMEDY
- WRISE Calgary
- Big Rock Barn Burner Concert: Tokyo Police Club and Mt. Joy with guests
- Camera Basics and Beers
- Females in Finance: Fall Networking Event
- Canada's Largest Gluten Free Event Visits Calgary, October 19 & 20, 2019!
- Females in Finance: Winter Networking Event